Welcome to The Jane Austen Wiki
The wiki about Jane Austen that anyone can edit!
86 articles since Jan. 2009
Contents (view all pages)
Pride and Prejudice was written by Jane Austen in the years following 1796 before its original publication in 1813. It is Austen's second published novel, the first being Sense and Sensibility. Pride and Prejudice is written in a style of free, indirect speech like most of Jane Austen's works and has been the subject of many different film and television adaptations over the years.
Written primarily from the perspective of the female protagonist, Miss Elizabeth Bennet Darcy, the reader follows her life and the lives of her sisters and the ever constant pursuit of marriage by nearly all of the female characters, excluding herself.
For more, click this link.
What's new on The Jane Austen Wiki
- 1/23/09- The JAW (Jane Austen Wiki) Gets Started!
- Today the JAW got started! Hang around for more news and articles!
- 2/4/09- The Jane Austen Wiki gets some new articles!
- Articles for Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice, Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy were started with brief overviews of each.
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial, and see Help:Contents.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...